|Introduction to Data Center Services
Data Centers are as complex as they are fundamental to the effective function of any modern business.
Ultimately, whichever business someone works in, there is a need for a robust, flexible and fit-for-purpose
infrastructure. The complexity and critical nature of a data centre can sometimes be overlooked by endcustomers,
especially when there are no immediate issues or problems.
However, ensuring a business continually evolves to transact and function in line with market demands requires an
approach that can perpetually adapt and grow for fear of being left behind the competitive curve.
IMMEDIATE BENEFITS TO YOU:
- A broader, deeper and more robust data center offering – instantly
- Grow a new dimension of your business without up-front capital investment
- Augment your existing skillset seamlessly to see and win a wider variety of data centre opportunities
- Leverage our Cisco and NetApp engineering data centre skill sets to train up and educate your in-house services
resource – We are your trusted IT Provider
As a reseller, your customers trust you to deliver that evolution as a part of your role as their IT provider.
Westcon Group Data Centre Services are designed in a modular, flexible and relevant way to ensure that if you find a gap
in your capability, capacity or reach; we have the team, methods and skills to assist at any stage of an opportunity.
Offering engineering capabilities coupled with the product conversations you have with your customers immediately increases
both your potential revenues and the depth of conversation you have with the end user. We have an extensive resource pool of
engineers spanning from junior to expert and across all of Cisco’s architectures.
Start talking Data Center… Instantly
The method of getting this new service offering to market couldn’t be simpler. The availability of these services and the resource
behind it means you can begin talking to your customers about your data centre offering now – we can assist you from the pre-sales conversation
through to support. Westcon Group Services Solutions offers you 10 distinct services, split into Data Centre Assessment Services and Data Centre Installation services.
DC Assessment Services
- Inventory Review: Our engineers will make a full review of all active infrastructure components including servers, storage, switches, IT management layer and network: determining which items are end-of-life and which are due to become obsolete within the next 12 months. With the report that is delivered back, you will have the data to suggest strategic steps forward, backed by a team of experts.
- Design Service: Deliver your customers the reassurance of “best in class” designs delivered using leading edge data center design tools. Then follow up with providing them the necessary infrastructure elements to deliver upon the design. It doesn’t stop there though, servers, storage, switching, power, cooling? Westcon Group can be your end-to-end provider from concept through to maintenance delivering you assurance and business continuity
- Physical Infrastructure Evaluation: Our engineers will conduct a visual examination of the physical infrastructure within the data center, including thermal management, power distribution, racks and cabinets, cabling, pathways, telecommunications grounding and bonding, labelling and administration, and evaluate them against current network needs, future network requirements, and relevant industry standards and best practices.
- Thermal Assessment: We assess your data center’s thermal management conditions, analyse their workings using advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis software, and identify solutions that will allow you to optimise your data center for maximum performance and energy efficiency.
- Extended Services: Westcon Group Services has the manpower, skillsets, tools and processes to help you offer non-standard services and deliver them to the highest standards.
DC Installation Services
- UCS Installation: The scale and depth of the expertise behind Westcon Group's UCS full service offering means you can begin talking to your customers about UCS instantly – we can assist you from the presales conversation all the way through to support
- Virtualisation Installation: As an IT reseller, your customers turn to you to offer solutions as a part of your role as their trusted IT provider and it is difficult to know, understand and experience every facet of Cisco’s ever-changing portfolio. A virtualised install offers flexibility and scalability.
- Flexpod Installation: FlexPod's architecture can be configured for the growing demands of many requirements and we can help you deliver all this value as a part of your own offering. By partnering with Westcon Group Services, you can make a transition to forward-thinking IT without the headaches.
- Nexus Data Center Migration / Implementation: Westcon Group's in-house team has been delivering Nexus DC deployments for many years. As a result of that, we know what matters – we take exceptional care with migrations and thoroughly investigate any impacts or requirements to ensure continuity of service with minimum disruption of business services during the project lifecycle.
SUPPLY CHAIN SERVICES
With Westcon Group as their partner, Partners can offload system setup, testing and basic configurations for installations, instantly freeing up their staff to concentrate on more profitable work. Our Supply Chain Services include:
- Reverse Logistics: Helps Partners to simplify and manage their customers' returns processes to reduce overheads and improve processes.
- Logistic Services: Ensure orders arrive when and where they are needed, handling local, regional and multi-national rollouts.
- Integration Services: Westcon Group's Integration Team can ensure that Partners' customers are satisfied and protected during system setup, testing and basic configurations for installations.